Ideas for thanksgiving gifts 2023
Thinking about thanksgiving always brings thoughts of autumn, fallen leaves, orange hues, the smell of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger and the taste of sweet pumpkin and savory turkey.
But, how can we translate these thoughts from memories to ideas for a thanksgiving gift or even to take a piece of this holiday with us?
First, let’s start with the thanksgiving gifts. Are you going to a family reunion? Is it for a friend who helped you out of a lonely Thursday? Is it for the ones cooking or for the ones decorating? Is it for kids or for adults?
That can impact on what to choose. But something is clear, if you want to be a good guest, the etiquette dictates that you can’t arrive empty-handed.
Every year, the American family crosses great distances to share together not only the table around a banquet. It is the time to give blessings, to also support noble causes, to remember those most in need and many are encouraged to collaborate in their communities by also bringing a banquet to those who are homeless or at risk.
Ideas for thanksgiving gifts
The Thanksgiving menu is an important part of this day, but when was the last time you told your family and friends that you love them?
Have you thought lately about how amazing it is to have a roof over your head, a place to live, and good food to eat? And what better way than thinking of your loved ones to prepare a gift that they may like or that you can share with them. Here at KINREX, we present you with some thanksgivings gift ideas:
1. A good bottle of red wine: the cooks will be pleased. Bonus points, you put on it a thanksgiving label and a bow.
2. A perfect Thanksgiving turkey headband
3. A gift basket with maybe a baguette, cheese, wine or sweets
4. A tabletop game, to get the reunion started
6. A bouquet of flowers, if it is in the colors of the season, the better.
7. Pumpkin scented candles or soap
Sometimes we forget to be thankful for how lucky we are to have the people we have in our lives and all the things we have. This is called taking things for granted. Thanksgiving Day is a day to remember all those things that we take for granted the rest of the day and for which we are grateful.
Food, one of the best gifts!
If you are good with baking, you may bake something for the reunion like this Pumpkin Spice Rolls, a tasty treat with a twist. For this you will need:
For the dough
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- A tablespoon of dry yeast
- ½ cup of pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup of warm water
- 1/2 tsp of white sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the filling
- 5 tbs of soft butter
- ¾ cups of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp of ground clove
- Mix all the ingredients of the dough and knead the dough for 6- 7 minutes until it forms a smooth dough and let it rest for an hour until it doubles its size.
- Then, deflate it and roll it on a floured surface and form a square of 9 x 12 inch
- Spread the butter and then spread the filling and spices
- Roll the dough and cut it in even rolls and put them flat side up on a square pan
- Let it rest at least half an hour
- Bake them in at oven at 350 f for 30
- And don’t forget to let it cool before gifting or eating!
Like any family reunion, it is time to share watching football games, walking, enjoying the last warm days, before the strong winters arrive.
Let us never forget that the fundamental thing is to be grateful, there are many blessings we receive every day. Giving thanks always makes us better people. Read Interesting thanksgiving traditions you might have not known about.